Day 54


Date: June 8, 2011
Time: 11:36 (MST)
Playing on iTunes: "Suntan" by Michel Camilo




Location: Denver, CO Day 1
Recent Trip: 535 miles

And more east we head. After being in Salt Lake City, I never thought that the views would get any better...think again. Out here is amazing. My dad told me, “Just wait til you get to Denver. You’ll be blown away.” But I thought since we’d be at one high school for 3 days that I wouldn’t get anytime to go anywhere and appreciate the full nature of Denver, but I was wrong. Everywhere in the sky around me is just gorgeous. 

After pulling into the school around 7:30a, we got two hours of floor time. Such a privilege. Thanks so much to the admin team for allowing us to get even just the slightest bit of floor time. This high school, Fossil Ridge High School may just be the nicest high school we’ve been to yet. I’ll have to scope out the fields and showers to let you fully know, but so far it’s looking up.
Left to right: Ian Moyer, Jason (J.J.) Ihnat, Mike Zellers
Every morning after the pit gets set up, we have a small little day meeting with pit tech, Ian, J.J., and Mike. They inform us to what is going to happen throughout the day in small detail just so we can mentally prepare ourselves. It’s also time to collect ourselves as a pit and chat with the instructors, let them know how our summer is going and make sure they know that us as well as them are doing things correctly.



Today seemed like a flashback to spring training days 1-30...(joke). But seriously, it started to rain today for the first time in a long while. We kept having to cover and uncover our instruments. We even had a little fun in the rain as you can see below.
Ensemble was the most inspiring part of my day. As the pit rolled over to get set up for ensemble in the pouring rain, the entire drum corps was working their butt off and performing so well and playing so well despite the weather conditions outside. Nothing is stopping them from being the best they can be. And seeing that as a pit member is incredible. It spoke volumes to me. I then thought to myself, this isn’t so bad...I mean I am perform with an amazing group of kids who have the potential to be the great thing this world has ever seen, a little rain won’t hurt anybody!

Thought of the Day: “Life has no limitations except the ones you make.”

No comments:

Post a Comment