Day 15

Date: May 30, 2011
Time: 12:20am
Playing on iTunes: "I'll Be There" by Jackson 5











HOT!! HOT!! HOT!! Man it was hot today. Trying to keep from completely burning through my skin. Luckily I already burned once, and so far it hasn't be burning as bad now. I've been putting sun screen on very often so dad can't say that I'm not using my sun screen! It's just really hot and sunny so it's just a lot of hours in the sun. But it's great. I'll be VERY dark by the end of the summer. =)


After lunch block today, the pit got final fittings to make sure the amends done to our uniforms were the correct ones. And here's how my friend Taylor and I look:








One thing that the pit gets to do is drive around in the gator (tractor) and trailer behind it. Well...we don't actually ride around in it unless it's at the end of the day and we need to get to dinner. But otherwise, we use it strictly for moving equipment. There are some really tight spaces that we need to get the trailer through and usually I have to guide Taylor through them so he doesn't get stuck. Today some of the volunteers added little side mirrors and bright orange bendable poles (not sure what you'd call them) to show the width of the trailer so that Taylor can get through the tight areas by himself. You can see in the picture below. It worked great. First try Taylor got through the entrance of the stadium with an inch to spare on each side! The volunteers here are great. They do so much for us and we couldn't thank them enough. Volunteers here are greatly appreciated and we make sure they know it even though it's not enough for the amount of work they put in. The pit even has a song for the volunteers; I'll post a video of it at a later point. Hahaha


Dinner tonight was absolutely great. A classic homemade meal. Ham with pineapple, sides of potatoes and broccoli. Tasted amazing and especially after a long day of sweating and rehearsal. Everyone was talking about how this has been their best meal here for dinner since the beginning of spring training. I know the picture is a little bright because of my flash but hopefully you can get the gist of the plate. (As you can tell, I like to take pictures of food).


After dinner, I cut my friend Dan's (synthesizer player) hair. It's really funny because I shaved his sideburns and there is a tan line where his sideburns were! But check out my barbermanship...(is that a word?) Well you know what I mean. Check out how I did.
BEFORE


AFTER


Aside from everything that is happening, I am having the absolute time of my life. I wake up every morning excited to start the day. I've never felt this way before, and I love it. Doing the Cadets was a great choice and I will never forget one moment of this summer.




Quote of the day: "Take care of yourself and be safe. You have one life to live. Enjoy it and make smart decisions."

No comments:

Post a Comment