Day 12

Date: May 27, 2011
Time: 12:29am
Playing on iTunes: "Two Coins" by Dispatch




As you may be able to see, our marimba cymbals have a little friend on top.
A little dog stuff animal. He's white










Well, we did our best. We came in 4th place overall after all the time we put in. As you can see from the picture, Chabad of Argentina Relief Appeal were victorious by a mere 38 votes over Petfinder.com. But the one important fact is that Petfinder did not come in first place. I'm not sure how Chabad got all the votes they did in the end, but they must have had a system that worked because they were pumping out hundreds of votes a minute in the last half hour. Well I have learned that even though we did not get the first place prize, we all tried hard and had fun doing it. Although some of us has be defriended, blocked, or just purely disliked by many people on Facebook, we all still had a blast doing this whole Chase business. No one complained about what place we go in which was a great thing that I realized. Everyone is here for the same reason. To work hard, have fun, and do their best no matter what the outcome.


As far as the rehearsal day went, we started off with PT (physical training) and this time we ran 2 1/2 miles. My gosh, I had no clue I could run that far! It was a great work out. After running, we had three full block of sectional rehearsal for the pit. We got some new presents today...a new synth case!! It's a perfect fit for the keyboard we have here. I have the same keyboard at home with a hard case so I understand if anyone says it is either heavy or large. We decided to have a little fun with the size of this road case by trying to fit people in it...let's see how we did...



After this fun little session, we went into subsectionals (sectional rehearsal within the pit itself) and some people in the pit had to go somewhere with the gator (John Deere) and trailer. And when they came back, they came back with a recliner that we had been eyeing down behind a dorm on campus. They brought it over, took it out of the trailer, and gave it to our instructor to sit down on. How comfy!






The monsoon that we got for about 20 minutes
Then an administrator from the office came to find me and gave me something and said, "Here's a present from the ladies at Starbucks." I was confused...it was my wallet!! My wallet had fallen out of my pants last night when at Starbucks for 6 hours. I never carry my wallet out here so I never check for it and I must have not checked for it last night when I left. That was a mistake! Well, someone knew that I would have freaked out without my wallet, so a Starbucks lady sent it back for me. Thank you so much! I do not know what would have happened if I did not have my wallet!




For dinner we were graciously given pizza and cake! It was someone in the tuba section's birthday and his parents paid for all of the pizza (I think around 60-65 boxes) and got the cake. It was absolutely delicious! Great dinner to end a great day.




"To Follow by faith alone is to follow blindly." - Benjamin Franklin

No comments:

Post a Comment